As Thanksgiving approaches (and the Ladies Only Luncheon is history), I always take a moment to think about what I am thankful for. I’ll share a few of my thoughts…feel free to add on!
I am thankful for:
- Ryan, who has taught me much, and helps me be a better person each day
- My family and friends who have always been there for me in good times and those that were challenging
- The creative, committed, and enthusiastic staff members who work with our children, adults, and their families
- The children and adults themselves, who remind me every day that life is precious, and that each of us is given special gifts to share with others
- Everyone who supports the work and the mission of the Barber National Institute. The dreams of Gertrude Barber continue to grow and flourish
- A country founded on the values of freedom, liberty, and justice for all
- The thousands of health care workers who supported us through the pandemic
The list could go on and on…..