Our hallways have never been so quiet for so long.
March 13th was the last day our students were at school.
We have been looking forward to when our children will once again disembark the buses while walking, smiling and returning to their classrooms.
So, after five months of planning we will open our doors on August 31st. As a prerequisite to opening, we have completed our Health and Safety Plan which is a comprehensive review of the numerous measures we are implementing to assure the health and safety of our school community.
This plan includes:
- Students will spend the entire instructional day in their classroom.
- Students and staff will have daily health checks.
- Students will be able to social distance as the class size is small, with six to eight students per room.
- Staff will wear masks/coverings during the day. Students with disabilities will be encouraged to wear masks, but will not be required per IEP team recommendations.
- High touch areas will be cleaned throughout the day and there will be a nightly deep cleaning of all areas.
The entire plan can be viewed here.
We are closely monitoring and following the PA Department of Health, PA Department of Education and the Centers for Disease Control guidelines. Should they change their recommendations as to opening, we shall do as well.
However, for now, we are looking forward to the return of our students on August 31st with great anticipation and excitement.
Stay healthy, wear your mask, and maintain social distance. Let’s keep Erie safe!