2015 was quite a year! In bringing in the new year, I thought it would be fitting to spend one last moment reflecting on the great accomplishments of this past year, before turning forward to 2016. Thank you to all of you who made such a great year possible! Some of my personal favorite moments included:
- Learning ELBS was the recipient of the National Association of Private Special Education Center’s award for “Leadership and Innovation in Special Education”
- The continued impressiveness of the EBLS staff – their top quality, innovativeness, and sheer drive to succeed with children who others have written off. Regardless of the challenges, they continue to return because they believe in the children and the mission. Without them, none of this would be possible!
- Our wonderful ELBS families – Theirs can be a tough 24 hours a day but they never falter always trying to make their childrens’ lives the best they can be and to keep working on the team
- The support of our Erie community – Countless times over the past year I have been humbled and in awe of how our community is always open to helping those in need and spreading kindness
- The expansion of our programs to serve children with ASD and ID who present challenges to public schools
- The conclusion of our two-year Artist-in-Residency program with Jude Shingle, which allowed us to explore iMovies and other forms of Social Modeling in the technology world for the first time
I anticipate that 2016 will bring many new opportunities and exciting adventures. I hope that you will continue to join me through this journey!