Sunday was St. Patrick’s day, spring begins tomorrow (even though snow is falling outside my window), and Easter is right around the corner. Isn’t time flying by? As the days roll onward, I am making a concerted effort to take in and savor the joys of life surrounding me.
Springtime is one of my favorite times of the year–there is freshness in the air and new life in the blossoming flowers. I am so looking forward to spring and the joy begins this weekend with a visit from a special friend.
The Easter Bunny has a busy day Saturday, March 23 as he leaves his usual bunny trails and hops to the Millcreek Mall in Erie, PA. We will be right along side of him as we are there with our annual Autism Awareness Day from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. to kick off Autism Awareness Month in April.
What is so fantastic about this event?
- Free crafts and face painting for children
- Beloved children’s book character, Curious George, will make an appearance and entertain children and their families
- Therapy dogs Gino, a four-year-old Dogue de Bordeaux, and Emma, a two-year-old Shih Tzu, will be there for “Story Tails,” a time to greet children and join them for story time.
- Kids on the Block, a troupe of puppets with and without disabilities designed to teach about differences in people, will perform at noon and 1:30 p.m.
- Autism answers and information – The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reports that autism is now diagnosed in one out of 88 children, an increase of 78% over the previous five years. This is your chance to talk with Barber National Institute staff to answer any questions you might have.
Join us on Saturday, March 23 at the Millcreek Mall for springtime fun!